1 3/4 cups warm water
1/4 cups canola or olive oil
1 bag of Mrs. Hewitt’s GF Quick Mix
4 teaspoons instant yeast*
chicken (cooked, sliced thin or shredded)
- Add warm water and oil to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add a bag of Mrs. Hewitt’s GFQuick Mix and yeast to liquid in a stand mixer.
- Mix together on low speed for about 1 min. Stop, scrape dough down into a bowl.
- Continue mixing on medium high for an additional 2 minutes.
- With well oiled hands (dough is STICKY), roll out dough on oil sprayed plastic wrap to about 1/2” thick rectangle.
- Spread on pesto and top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and chicken (use desired amount, similar to what you’d use on a pizza).
- Roll up tightly but be gentle, gluten free does not have the elasticity of gluten dough.
- Cut into desired pieces (about 8 equal slices) placed into oiled/sprayed 8×8 pan close together. Tip! Use a small piece of plastic wrap to move sliced rolls into a baking dish.
- Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap and let rise a second time for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-50 minutes.
- Drizzle top with additional pesto if desired.