1 3/4 cups warm water
1/4 cups canola or olive oil
1 bag of Mrs. Hewitt’s GF Quick Mix
4 teaspoons instant yeast*
1/2 cup butter (melted or soft enough to spread)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
8 oz cream cheese softened (brick-style, not spreadable)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups powdered sugar
- Add warm water and oil to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add a bag of Mrs. Hewitt’s GFQuick Mix and yeast to liquid in the stand mixer.
- Mix together on low speed for about 1 min. Stop, scrape dough down into a bowl.
- Continue mixing on medium high for an additional 2 minutes.
- With well oiled hands (dough is STICKY), roll out dough on oil sprayed plastic wrap to about 1/2” thick rectangle, then spread butter on rolled out dough. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar together thoroughly. Top the butter with cinnamon and brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up tightly but be gentle, gluten free does not have the elasticity of gluten dough.
- Cut into desired pieces (about 8 equal slices) placed into an oiled sprayed 8×8 pan close together.
- Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap and let rise a second time for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes.
- For the frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or you may use an electric mixer) and beat until creamy, well-combined, and lump-free. Add vanilla extract and salt and stir well to combine. With the mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined. Spread icing over the cinnamon rolls once they have cooled…Enjoy!
*No need to proof instant yeast, just add it to the dry mix.