6 thick slices of Mrs. Hewitt’s bread
1/2 cup milk (substitute non-dairy to keep dairy free)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and cinnamon into a shallow dish.
- Place slices of bread into egg mixture to soak, coating both sides. Do in batches if needed, the longer they soak the better.
- Heat griddle or pan to 325-350 degrees.
- Spray griddle with nonstick spray, and place coated French toast on griddle.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown, flip and cook the other side. Repeat as needed.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!