This is a perfect side for a bowl of soup or chili, and of course as a side dish for the holidays. The instructions recommend using an 8 or 9 inch square pan, but I opted for an 8 inch round cake pan to make it look a bit more special. Either will work, so really it’s up to you! The mix itself is vegan and dairy free, and substitutions can easily be made to keep it that way.
-1 bag Mrs. Hewitt’s Cornbread Mix
-1/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup oil
-1 egg, large (or egg replacer)
-1 cup milk (or non dairy substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8” or 9” pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oil, egg, sugar, and milk, and mix well.
- Add a bag of Mrs. Hewitt’s Cornbread Mix to the wet mixture, and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake for 23-25 minutes.