These whoopie pies are made with Mrs. Hewitt’s Chocolate Brownie Mix and filled with vanilla buttercream. So good!
1 bag Mrs. Hewitt’s Chocolate Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4-1/2 cup of GF Quick Mix*
Vanilla Buttercream Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine melted butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add Mrs. Hewitt’s Chocolate Brownie Mix with a mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add 1/4-1/2 cup GF Quick until batter thickens enough to hold shape. Test it as you go.
- Using 1 tablespoon cookie scoop (or scoop about a 1” ball) and place on a prepared cookie sheet 2” apart.
- Lightly pat tops of dough, to remove top of “dome” and make uniform thickness, with damp fingers (to keep from sticking).
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet before moving to the cooling rack. Make vanilla buttercream while cookies cool completely. Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Assemble whoopie pies.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days, or in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
Makes about 15 whoopie pies (30 individual cookies)
*You are adding flour to thicken the batter so it will hold its shape. The volume of your eggs makes a difference here. I started with 1/4 cup and added a tablespoon (4 tablespoons in a 1/4 cup) at a time. This batch ended up being a 1/2 cup flour (8 tablespoons), but only use what you need.