Ingredients: (covers about 12 cookies)
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon milk (plus extra as needed)
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1-3 drops lemon juice (optional—won’t taste like lemon, just cuts sweetness)
Food coloring (optional)
- Make glaze and fill one condiment bottle with about 1/4 to 1/3 of the icing. Icing should be thin enough to easily squeeze out of the bottle, but not too thin that it will run all over the place. This bottle will be used to outline your cookie.
- Add more milk a drop or two at a time to thin the remaining icing. You want it to be able to easily “flood” the inside of the outlined cookie, but not be soupy. Fill the second condiment bottle with icing. I cut the top of this bottle just a bit so it has a wider opening and flows easily.
- Outline the cookie with thicker icing and then fill/flood the inside of the cookie. Don’t overflow, add more if needed. Use a toothpick to help icing cover any missed spots.
- Set aside while you work on 2-3 more cookies, before adding sprinkles. If you add sprinkles right away, they’ll sink into the icing.
- Repeat until finished.
- Stick in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to help set icing, if desired.